Pages

Monday, February 21, 2011

First "real" sewing project

Growing up, Mom always seemed to be sewing something. Us girls had a few projects with the machine too. I think the last time I used it was in high school when I made a few skirts (one which I still wear) and that was more than 10 years ago. I decided last month to try some sewing again.

I borrowed a machine and made some cloth wipes for a pregnant friend.




I had SO much fun with this simple idea that I knew I had to find something else to do.

I was at Joann Fabrics with no intention of beginning a new project, but I spotted a pattern for a bag and decided that I could ALWAYS use a new purse :) I had a pretty hard time figuring out what fabric I liked, there are soooo many cute styles to choose from!

The pattern was straight forward for the most part until I got to the second to the last step. I was very confused and frustrated, I just wanted to finish it!!!! After begging for insight from a more experienced sew-er than I, I was able to get it figured out.






THE FINAL PRODUCT!


Cute, eh? :) I can't wait to make another!

1 comment:

  1. It's so awesome that you are sewing! I'm sure Mom is so proud :)

    ReplyDelete