Pages

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

First Zoo Trip

My old boss, Dr. Ian Barr, gave me a year membership to the zoo as a gift for Emmett.  Bill had today off so we decided to get out of the house and see the animals!




The Lorikeets
 Bill admiring the Lorikeet.

 Such beautiful, vibrant colors!


Emmett's awake just in time to see porcupines. 

Checking out the giraffe. 

Look who's in Africa!! 

Some guy walked by us and said "I know you're not one of the exhibits but that's worth a picture!"....um....doesn't everyone hold their babies like this??


When we got home it was dinner making time! Being such beautiful weather we thought the grill would be the best idea.  My sister-in-law Sara Lee had mentioned a recipe she'd seen on Pinterest, so I thought we'd try it.

**Garlic and Balsamic Crusted Pork Tenderlion**


 Got all my ingredients, so simple, only five things!





The outside was delicious! The meat was a tad bit dry, that is one reason I don't usually make pork, I have a hard time keeping it moist.  There was some dark meat and that stayed nice and juicy.  My sauteed veggies on the side were a nice addition.

I would try it again, maybe marinading it, cooking it slower, or making extra sauce to dip in.



And we couldn't forget dessert! Confetti cake cookies with cream cheese frosting (so sweet my teeth hurt just thinking about them) and a glass of whole milk. Yum. (Notice Bill just HAD to get in the picture?)

Overall a great family day!





No comments:

Post a Comment